Wednesday 26 October 2016

Spooky Week Day 3- Creepy Cats

Hello everyone! I hope that you are enjoying Spooky Week, the spookiest night of all nights soon approaches but we will soon be ready!

You will need: Origami paper. As we are making a cat, you may wish to use black paper although I have a slight confession. 

I ran out of black paper (I'm so sorry everyone :(  For this, I will be using brown paper)

1. Fold the paper in half and in half again so you make a triangle shape. Open it up completely after you have made the folds

2. Fold the sides into the middle so the edges meet the center line.

3. Have the corner of the triangle meet the center line as you fold it.

4. Fold the longer pointy side at the middle in a zig zag shape.

5. Fold the whole thing in half lengthways

6. Fold in an upwards diagonal direction. 

7. This is the tricky step. Remember how we folded the whole piece in half in step 5? Take the side closer to you and open it up. Take the top corner and fold it downwards like in the picture.

8. Open up the piece and take triangle sticking out. Fold it upwards and as you do that, fold the side of the body back down like in the picture to form the tail. (The next 2 pictures are just different ways of approaching this step)

9. Take the bottom pointy part and fold them backwards like in the picture.

10. Take the bottom corner of the vaguely round shape and fold it backwards to hide it

11. Fold the dotted line that has the number 1 next to it backwards. And then fold the dotted line with the number 2 next to it forward. This is basically another zig zag fold to make the ears of the cat.

12. Draw a face on the cat!
And now you are done!I hope you enjoyed making cats, I hope that it did not end in a paper based CAT-astrophe! If you have made the cat, please send me a picture of it by email of Google Plus, I would love to see your catty creations.

Well folks, I will see you all tomorrow for more origami fun!

No comments :