Sunday 9 October 2016

Spooky Week Day 1 - Petrifying Pumpkins!

It is time. Time for the scariest thing in the world. Something that you have feared doing for a long time.

It's origami!!!
(cue dramatic chords)

So I thought that I would do a spooky week on here to add more excitement into Halloween, the scariest event of the year. Everyday, I will take you through how to make something Halloweeny with origami. And on the last day, we will put together all of our creations into something special for the big night! Also, this week, I have a good friend joining and making the halloween origami with me.

Hi guys! I'm Lauren, and this month An and I did some spooky origami together (although it was mainly her- I'm not the most talented at origami!) and I had a skele-ton of fun doing it! I have just started a blog (http://gamingmusicgalaxy.blogspot.co.uk)where I will talk about gaming music, so if that interests you then please check it out! I love all music and play the violin and piano. I hope you all have a wonderful, spooky Halloween!


For this you will need:
Some origami paper, you can get this at craft and hobby stores and probably Asian supermarkets. If you cannot find origami paper, you just need a square sheet of paper that is 15x15 cm. As we are making pumpkins, you could use orange paper but you can use any colour that you want if you want a particularly snazzy pumpkin.

Grab some paper, a hot drink and maybe a friend as we are going to start Spoooooky Origami!

For the method, I will show you a picture of where to fold and another picture of what it should look like when folded.
1. Fold the paper in half so it looks like a triangle



2. Fold the paper again so it makes a smaller triangle. Open it up so you have a big triangle with a fold line in the middle.



3. Ok, so this is the tricky step. Turn the triangle on its side and pull up one of the smaller triangles and open it so you have an opening. Keep one hand on the triangle that is not being opened up and push the top corner of the triangle down so it meets the bottom corner to make a square. Flip the whole thing over and do the same thing with the other triangle


4. When you have a square, take the triangle on the right and fold it over to the left.

5. Fold one edge of the square so it meets the centre line.


6. Rotate the paper 180 degrees and fold so it meets the centre.


7. Rotate the paper back 180 degrees and fold the small triangle you just made back to the centre and take the right triangle and fold it over to the left



8. Repeat steps 5, 6 and 7 but with the other side. It should start to look more like a pumpkin now!

9. Flip the square so the back is facing towards you and fold the corners into the center



10. Flip the pumpkin back around, it should look like a spooky pumpkin. All that is left is to draw a smiley face on it!


And you are finished! Well done, you have made a pumpkin! I hope that the instructions were clear and easy to understand. Please tell me in the comments how you found this mini project, I would love to see your pumpkins. If you would like, send me a picture on Google Plus to me or by the blog email toomuchwasabimakesyoucry@gmail.com Tomorrows Halloweeny project is Ghoulish Ghosties!

No comments :